Word Vomit to Cure the Writers Block

I hate it when I can feel a storm brewing inside but I can't get it out in words. It's a writer's curse. So I'm going to do what I have done on my purely fiction blog: I'm going to word vomit.

Now, I learned of this technique from the writer of Divergent, Vernoica Roth. It basically means to spit out all of the words and feelings into one, unedited post. 

I present to you the ugly side of unedited writing. Be forewarned. 

----------

She awakes with a jolt, grabbing her chest in pain. She can't breathe, can't feel anything, yet the pain is so overwhelming that she can't speak. Tears come to her eyes and her hands slowly find her neck, trying to take away the hands of death. Her lungs feel full yet empty. Her mind restless, yet at ease. It's a struggle to fight the inevitable. Her own hand begin to choke herself. 

Then, in the corner of her room, she sees a dark shadow being highlighted in the nightlight. The figure has the silhouette of someone familiar, but she can't place it. She continues to choke herself silently as the dark figure appears. The figure comes into light and she realizes it's someone very close to her. She reluctantly takes one of her hands away from her neck and places it in his hand. 

He looks at first bewildered, and then his expression changes into a twisted satisfaction as she begins to intertwine her hand with his. She calms her other hand and relaxes against him. She cannot fully see who he is, but she feels safe. He will take care of her. The marks of red blister on her neck as she rests in his arms. 

Suddenly, he forcefully grabs her neck. She is paralyzed as he laughs. He cries as he laughs. And he chokes her harder and harder until the life is forced out of her body. Limp and cold, he holds her body, weeping. 

Yet his smile shows a different emotion. Trust is never real. It is only to gain for him. And he consumes her dead body, bit by bit until there is nothing left but blood stains and sorrow. 

----------

Well that was terrifying. I'm not sure what happened but I think it helped.  

Labels: , ,

* n i c o c . o: Word Vomit to Cure the Writers Block

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Word Vomit to Cure the Writers Block

I hate it when I can feel a storm brewing inside but I can't get it out in words. It's a writer's curse. So I'm going to do what I have done on my purely fiction blog: I'm going to word vomit.

Now, I learned of this technique from the writer of Divergent, Vernoica Roth. It basically means to spit out all of the words and feelings into one, unedited post. 

I present to you the ugly side of unedited writing. Be forewarned. 

----------

She awakes with a jolt, grabbing her chest in pain. She can't breathe, can't feel anything, yet the pain is so overwhelming that she can't speak. Tears come to her eyes and her hands slowly find her neck, trying to take away the hands of death. Her lungs feel full yet empty. Her mind restless, yet at ease. It's a struggle to fight the inevitable. Her own hand begin to choke herself. 

Then, in the corner of her room, she sees a dark shadow being highlighted in the nightlight. The figure has the silhouette of someone familiar, but she can't place it. She continues to choke herself silently as the dark figure appears. The figure comes into light and she realizes it's someone very close to her. She reluctantly takes one of her hands away from her neck and places it in his hand. 

He looks at first bewildered, and then his expression changes into a twisted satisfaction as she begins to intertwine her hand with his. She calms her other hand and relaxes against him. She cannot fully see who he is, but she feels safe. He will take care of her. The marks of red blister on her neck as she rests in his arms. 

Suddenly, he forcefully grabs her neck. She is paralyzed as he laughs. He cries as he laughs. And he chokes her harder and harder until the life is forced out of her body. Limp and cold, he holds her body, weeping. 

Yet his smile shows a different emotion. Trust is never real. It is only to gain for him. And he consumes her dead body, bit by bit until there is nothing left but blood stains and sorrow. 

----------

Well that was terrifying. I'm not sure what happened but I think it helped.  

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home