Five of My Favorite Classic Style Points

The best fashion is timeless. The kind of look that will appeal to men and women in any generation is something I aim to achieve. It's more of an aura than anything else, but there are certain characteristics of a classygirl's style. 

1.) The Nails



This is an inspiration for me, because I have dermatophagia. The best type of nails for this style is a classic French manicure. It's clean, minimal and natural looking. Going along with those features, the nude, red, and most other neutral colors are also a good choice. 

2.) High Heels



I know you don't have to wear heels to be classy, but let's face it: it just looks better. I think it's a skill that every woman should learn. I haven't mastered it myself and I will be doing it as soon as the weather gets warmer. I will buy all high heels and go to work everyday in heels until I learn how to properly walk in them. The trick to wearing heels is to always keep folded ballet flats in your purse. Many people might disagree with me, but I think that a woman at least needs to know how to walk in heels to be classy. 

3.) Long Hair



There are some women who can pull off short hair beautifully. But the majority of women cannot. So why try to force something that will never be?! Growing long hair is by far favored by men in terms of style. Women with long hair can do so many more styles with their hair. It's the essence of being a woman. 

4.) Minimalist Clothing



This means no graphic tees, sweatshirts or anything too casual or too busy. The clothes should be similar to the nails: neutral colors with one splash of color. Timeless cuts of dresses and clothes that flatter your body. The main point of minimalist clothing is to bring the attention to the person rather than just on the clothes themselves. 

5.) Have a Signature Fragrance 



Something that can really define a woman is her scent. Having a fragrance that balances well with your natural smell and something you're able to wear all the time is much more convincing than having artificial smelling lotions and body sprays used only for certain times of the day. It should be of high quality and something you are attracted to yourself. 

Labels: , , , ,

* n i c o c . o: Five of My Favorite Classic Style Points

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Five of My Favorite Classic Style Points

The best fashion is timeless. The kind of look that will appeal to men and women in any generation is something I aim to achieve. It's more of an aura than anything else, but there are certain characteristics of a classygirl's style. 

1.) The Nails



This is an inspiration for me, because I have dermatophagia. The best type of nails for this style is a classic French manicure. It's clean, minimal and natural looking. Going along with those features, the nude, red, and most other neutral colors are also a good choice. 

2.) High Heels



I know you don't have to wear heels to be classy, but let's face it: it just looks better. I think it's a skill that every woman should learn. I haven't mastered it myself and I will be doing it as soon as the weather gets warmer. I will buy all high heels and go to work everyday in heels until I learn how to properly walk in them. The trick to wearing heels is to always keep folded ballet flats in your purse. Many people might disagree with me, but I think that a woman at least needs to know how to walk in heels to be classy. 

3.) Long Hair



There are some women who can pull off short hair beautifully. But the majority of women cannot. So why try to force something that will never be?! Growing long hair is by far favored by men in terms of style. Women with long hair can do so many more styles with their hair. It's the essence of being a woman. 

4.) Minimalist Clothing



This means no graphic tees, sweatshirts or anything too casual or too busy. The clothes should be similar to the nails: neutral colors with one splash of color. Timeless cuts of dresses and clothes that flatter your body. The main point of minimalist clothing is to bring the attention to the person rather than just on the clothes themselves. 

5.) Have a Signature Fragrance 



Something that can really define a woman is her scent. Having a fragrance that balances well with your natural smell and something you're able to wear all the time is much more convincing than having artificial smelling lotions and body sprays used only for certain times of the day. It should be of high quality and something you are attracted to yourself. 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home