Experiment: High Heels

I have never been a girl who has mastered the skill of walks my in heels. As a teenager, I scoffed at the girls who ran around in heels in highschool and kept my black converse high top sneakers. During special events, I would pick the smallest heel possible, or even better, ballet flats. And when people would point out that I never wore heels, I would make it into a joke and just brush it off that I was a clumsy girl. 

Yes, I am still clumsy. But that doesn't mean I get to pass up the task of wearing heels. I decided recently that I am going to get over this fear of wearing high heels. I am going to learn how to walk in heels. No matter how many blisters I get, no matter how much my feet ache, I am going to learn to walk in these damn shoes!

So today I bought a pair of nude three inch high heels, closed toe. And I plan on wearing these to work until I get used to it. I'm going to wear sneakers to get to work, since there is still snow and ice out there. But when I get in the office, I'm going to change into these high heels and I'm going to go the entire day wearing them. I am fully prepared with band aids to take on this task. 

I am not doing this to prove to anyone other than myself that I can have this womanly skill. There are so many advantages to wearing heels that I want to add to my wardrobe. 

I will report the results here tomorrow and see where I can improve. 

Labels: , , ,

* n i c o c . o: Experiment: High Heels

Monday, February 23, 2015

Experiment: High Heels

I have never been a girl who has mastered the skill of walks my in heels. As a teenager, I scoffed at the girls who ran around in heels in highschool and kept my black converse high top sneakers. During special events, I would pick the smallest heel possible, or even better, ballet flats. And when people would point out that I never wore heels, I would make it into a joke and just brush it off that I was a clumsy girl. 

Yes, I am still clumsy. But that doesn't mean I get to pass up the task of wearing heels. I decided recently that I am going to get over this fear of wearing high heels. I am going to learn how to walk in heels. No matter how many blisters I get, no matter how much my feet ache, I am going to learn to walk in these damn shoes!

So today I bought a pair of nude three inch high heels, closed toe. And I plan on wearing these to work until I get used to it. I'm going to wear sneakers to get to work, since there is still snow and ice out there. But when I get in the office, I'm going to change into these high heels and I'm going to go the entire day wearing them. I am fully prepared with band aids to take on this task. 

I am not doing this to prove to anyone other than myself that I can have this womanly skill. There are so many advantages to wearing heels that I want to add to my wardrobe. 

I will report the results here tomorrow and see where I can improve. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home