Unexpected Day Off

Usually I'd be happy about having a day off. But since I only knew a day before, I feel a bit unproductive and lost. It's days like this where most people would end up staying in bed all day, only getting up periodically to eat and use the toilet. But I can't really be happy with that nowadays. I like the fleeting moments in between doing things, and I can't have those moments if I'm laying there doing nothing. 

I think there's a time for laying around and pondering the life you were given. But today is not one of those days. Today is a day when it's dangerous to think too much. Because that would be a waste of a holiday, no?

Yes, it's Martin Luther King Jr. Day. And yes, I'm a mixed race person. But I don't feel so connected to the holiday, and I've never had this day off in the past, so I'm not up for any serious thinking today. 

Update to my dermatophagia ... 


I'm doing much better. The redness of my thumb will probably remain for a few weeks, but I haven't bitten a lot lately so maybe this time it will actually heal. 


Labels: , , , ,

* n i c o c . o: Unexpected Day Off

Monday, January 19, 2015

Unexpected Day Off

Usually I'd be happy about having a day off. But since I only knew a day before, I feel a bit unproductive and lost. It's days like this where most people would end up staying in bed all day, only getting up periodically to eat and use the toilet. But I can't really be happy with that nowadays. I like the fleeting moments in between doing things, and I can't have those moments if I'm laying there doing nothing. 

I think there's a time for laying around and pondering the life you were given. But today is not one of those days. Today is a day when it's dangerous to think too much. Because that would be a waste of a holiday, no?

Yes, it's Martin Luther King Jr. Day. And yes, I'm a mixed race person. But I don't feel so connected to the holiday, and I've never had this day off in the past, so I'm not up for any serious thinking today. 

Update to my dermatophagia ... 


I'm doing much better. The redness of my thumb will probably remain for a few weeks, but I haven't bitten a lot lately so maybe this time it will actually heal. 


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home