Stable Mind

It's hard to write when I'm not emotional. It's sad, but it's true. Right now I'm feeling quite stable because my mind is stable. And I'm pretty sure it's because I've reintroduced meditation into my daily routine.

When your mind is flying in a million different directions, the words come out so naturally. But in terms of mental health, it's terrible. Paranoia, depression and mood swings start to creep into your daily life. It's the things we like to read or watch but never live.

I started regularly meditating daily about two weeks ago. It's hard to concentrate at first and for days you will think it is pointless to even try. It might sound easy to sit still and focus, but after about 30 seconds your brain will start driving on the highway of all of your problems, memories, that itch you can't scratch or the building saliva that you are trying not to swallow.

I kept telling myself I won't see the change right away. It's true. You only start to notice it when you suddenly realize you aren't worrying or thinking about something unnecessary. 

Each day, I wake up and meditate right after I pray. I have a yoga mat at the foot of my bed. My morning meditation usually lasts about five minutes. At night before I sleep, I pray and then meditate again, this time for about seven minutes.

Don't feel defeated if you spend your entire meditation just bringing your thoughts back to your breathing; this is how you will train your brain to always focus on the present when you are out living life.


 

Labels: , , , ,

* n i c o c . o: Stable Mind

Friday, January 2, 2015

Stable Mind

It's hard to write when I'm not emotional. It's sad, but it's true. Right now I'm feeling quite stable because my mind is stable. And I'm pretty sure it's because I've reintroduced meditation into my daily routine.

When your mind is flying in a million different directions, the words come out so naturally. But in terms of mental health, it's terrible. Paranoia, depression and mood swings start to creep into your daily life. It's the things we like to read or watch but never live.

I started regularly meditating daily about two weeks ago. It's hard to concentrate at first and for days you will think it is pointless to even try. It might sound easy to sit still and focus, but after about 30 seconds your brain will start driving on the highway of all of your problems, memories, that itch you can't scratch or the building saliva that you are trying not to swallow.

I kept telling myself I won't see the change right away. It's true. You only start to notice it when you suddenly realize you aren't worrying or thinking about something unnecessary. 

Each day, I wake up and meditate right after I pray. I have a yoga mat at the foot of my bed. My morning meditation usually lasts about five minutes. At night before I sleep, I pray and then meditate again, this time for about seven minutes.

Don't feel defeated if you spend your entire meditation just bringing your thoughts back to your breathing; this is how you will train your brain to always focus on the present when you are out living life.


 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home