Making Drinks Healthier

Especially in America, the only drink that is truly healthy is water. There are so many drinks on the market that are full of sugar and sodium. When I learned the truth about many of our drinks, I felt like I could only drink filtered water. 

1.) Orange juice has almost no nutritional value due to the pasteurizing process. They add "natural flavors" and sugar in it as well. 

2.) Alcohol is unhealthy in general. 

3.) Drinking coffee the normal way with dust and cream is a great way to absorb sugar and fat fast. 

4.) Most tea is ridden with pesticides. And a lot of people add sugar and cream. The packaged ones come with the sugar already added. 

Seriously, even OJ? I thought that stuff was healthy. And there have been countless debates about alcohol and coffee being healthy or unhealthy. 

But I think I figured it out. You just have to I train yourself from having these drinks sweetened. 

I started with coffee. It takes about a week to get used to the real taste of coffee without sugar and milk. At first, it tastes bitter and makes you scrunch your face. How could something like this be good by itself?! But as the days go on, the bitterness becomes aromatic and rich flavor. You feel like you are tasting coffee for the first time. The real taste of coffee.  There are sour coffees, bold and rich, creamy, and light and bright coffees. The only downsides to becoming a black coffee drinker are 1.) you will never be able to drink coffee with milk and sugar without feeling like it's too sweet and 2.) you will be able to tell the quality of the coffee, so you most likely won't settle for cheap brands. 

Then I changed the way I drank juice: I bought a juicer. Let me tell you, it's completely different than drinking juice from the bottles and cartons. Fruits taste totally different when they're juiced fresh. I believe it's because there aren't any extras added into the juice. And it's great to mix fruit juice with vegetable juice fresh. You might think you won't like vegetable juice, but it tastes super refreshing when juices fresh and it's great to mix with fruit juice. One of the best combos is pineapple, kale, cucumber, mint and green apple. 

Tea was never much of a problem for me. I love drinking tea and usually without sugar and milk. My biggest change was the quality of the tea. I changed to all organic when possible since pesticides are very high in tea. It's good to do this because you will absorb them easier through liquid. 

Right now I'm currently working on alcohol. I break out from everything that's not wine. It's most likely due to the sugar content. So I started drinking nothing but wine. I did research on how to drink wine for health, and it seems that dry red wine is the way to go. So I'm saying goodbye to my sweet wines. 


I'm sure it will work out for the better. It's all about cutting out the extra sugars!

Labels: , , , ,

* n i c o c . o: Making Drinks Healthier

Monday, January 26, 2015

Making Drinks Healthier

Especially in America, the only drink that is truly healthy is water. There are so many drinks on the market that are full of sugar and sodium. When I learned the truth about many of our drinks, I felt like I could only drink filtered water. 

1.) Orange juice has almost no nutritional value due to the pasteurizing process. They add "natural flavors" and sugar in it as well. 

2.) Alcohol is unhealthy in general. 

3.) Drinking coffee the normal way with dust and cream is a great way to absorb sugar and fat fast. 

4.) Most tea is ridden with pesticides. And a lot of people add sugar and cream. The packaged ones come with the sugar already added. 

Seriously, even OJ? I thought that stuff was healthy. And there have been countless debates about alcohol and coffee being healthy or unhealthy. 

But I think I figured it out. You just have to I train yourself from having these drinks sweetened. 

I started with coffee. It takes about a week to get used to the real taste of coffee without sugar and milk. At first, it tastes bitter and makes you scrunch your face. How could something like this be good by itself?! But as the days go on, the bitterness becomes aromatic and rich flavor. You feel like you are tasting coffee for the first time. The real taste of coffee.  There are sour coffees, bold and rich, creamy, and light and bright coffees. The only downsides to becoming a black coffee drinker are 1.) you will never be able to drink coffee with milk and sugar without feeling like it's too sweet and 2.) you will be able to tell the quality of the coffee, so you most likely won't settle for cheap brands. 

Then I changed the way I drank juice: I bought a juicer. Let me tell you, it's completely different than drinking juice from the bottles and cartons. Fruits taste totally different when they're juiced fresh. I believe it's because there aren't any extras added into the juice. And it's great to mix fruit juice with vegetable juice fresh. You might think you won't like vegetable juice, but it tastes super refreshing when juices fresh and it's great to mix with fruit juice. One of the best combos is pineapple, kale, cucumber, mint and green apple. 

Tea was never much of a problem for me. I love drinking tea and usually without sugar and milk. My biggest change was the quality of the tea. I changed to all organic when possible since pesticides are very high in tea. It's good to do this because you will absorb them easier through liquid. 

Right now I'm currently working on alcohol. I break out from everything that's not wine. It's most likely due to the sugar content. So I started drinking nothing but wine. I did research on how to drink wine for health, and it seems that dry red wine is the way to go. So I'm saying goodbye to my sweet wines. 


I'm sure it will work out for the better. It's all about cutting out the extra sugars!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home