Leaving for the Sunshine

Today he leaves again. My younger brother flies back to Texas and we won't see him until almost six months later.


I hate winter. I always say that. But even though it was freezing this holiday season, we managed to get things done.

The next time I see him, he might be a changed person. I'm sure I will be as well. I guess this is part of growing up: getting used to people who are close to you leaving and changing with time. But of course, the bonds you build when you're siblings are hard to break, so we'll always have a mutual understanding about each other.


Someday my sister will move out from my parents' house too. And sometime within the next two years, we'll be out of here too. But hopefully my parents will move west with us. 


I just don't want to be a bitter central PA woman. 

Everytime my brother leaves, I wish he would take me with him. Because I know he's getting on that plane to Dallas, where the sun actually shines. 



Labels: , , ,

* n i c o c . o: Leaving for the Sunshine

Friday, January 9, 2015

Leaving for the Sunshine

Today he leaves again. My younger brother flies back to Texas and we won't see him until almost six months later.


I hate winter. I always say that. But even though it was freezing this holiday season, we managed to get things done.

The next time I see him, he might be a changed person. I'm sure I will be as well. I guess this is part of growing up: getting used to people who are close to you leaving and changing with time. But of course, the bonds you build when you're siblings are hard to break, so we'll always have a mutual understanding about each other.


Someday my sister will move out from my parents' house too. And sometime within the next two years, we'll be out of here too. But hopefully my parents will move west with us. 


I just don't want to be a bitter central PA woman. 

Everytime my brother leaves, I wish he would take me with him. Because I know he's getting on that plane to Dallas, where the sun actually shines. 



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home