The Ghost of Summer

The summer has been haunting me lately. While I'm waking up and scraping ice off my car, I'm thinking of the warm air hitting my skin. When I'm bundling myself in two or three layer of clothing and tying up my boots, I'm wishing I were wearing a flowing summer dress with flats. As I turn on my space heater and pile blankets on top of my bed, I think about how nice it would feel to just have a light sheet caressing my skin.

I don't know how other people deal with this. I absolutely hate this weather. I hate being cold. I hate winter fashion. The less clothes I'm wearing, the better! I like simplicity. The layers are ridiculous. Think about it: when you go outside in winter, you have to wear earmuffs, a hat, a long sleeved shirt under a coat, jeans, thick socks, boots, a scarf, gloves, and sometimes leg warmers. In summer I can leave the house wearing a short sleeved dress and flats or sandals. Ugh! I need to move!

The snow is another thing. It's pretty.... For about five minutes. Then you realize that it's literally going to rule your life until spring comes. Can go out because of the snow? Darn. Have to drive slow and brush off the snow and ice from your windshield? Better add fifteen minutes to your morning commute! Can't wear flats or heels in the snow. Can't make it melt when it starts looking gross in the piles in the parking lot. And last year I got caught in an unexpected snowstorm one morning and had to dig my car out of two feet of snow with a wok. Yes, a wok, because I hadn't had the time to buy a shovel. 

So for #tbt here's my memory:


* n i c o c . o: The Ghost of Summer

Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Ghost of Summer

The summer has been haunting me lately. While I'm waking up and scraping ice off my car, I'm thinking of the warm air hitting my skin. When I'm bundling myself in two or three layer of clothing and tying up my boots, I'm wishing I were wearing a flowing summer dress with flats. As I turn on my space heater and pile blankets on top of my bed, I think about how nice it would feel to just have a light sheet caressing my skin.

I don't know how other people deal with this. I absolutely hate this weather. I hate being cold. I hate winter fashion. The less clothes I'm wearing, the better! I like simplicity. The layers are ridiculous. Think about it: when you go outside in winter, you have to wear earmuffs, a hat, a long sleeved shirt under a coat, jeans, thick socks, boots, a scarf, gloves, and sometimes leg warmers. In summer I can leave the house wearing a short sleeved dress and flats or sandals. Ugh! I need to move!

The snow is another thing. It's pretty.... For about five minutes. Then you realize that it's literally going to rule your life until spring comes. Can go out because of the snow? Darn. Have to drive slow and brush off the snow and ice from your windshield? Better add fifteen minutes to your morning commute! Can't wear flats or heels in the snow. Can't make it melt when it starts looking gross in the piles in the parking lot. And last year I got caught in an unexpected snowstorm one morning and had to dig my car out of two feet of snow with a wok. Yes, a wok, because I hadn't had the time to buy a shovel. 

So for #tbt here's my memory:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home