Rage

Reading articles like this just make me annoyed because it's obvious that some people have a very warped perception.

http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/clueless-things-white-people-say-racism/

At first I thought it was a joke. But nope, someone actually wrote this in a serious tone.

Now I am not a black person or Hispanic person, or even have darker skin for that matter. But honestly, many different races have light skin, just as white as any "white" person.

Yes, I am half white. But I am also half Asian. And that does count for something. I barely even consider myself a typical "white" American. I like Asian fashion, I eat mostly asian food, I married an Asian, and I have more of an Asian personality. Now, that being said, I don't care if I sound racist. I am mixed race. And I am a little bit racist against every race for different reasons. Heck, everyone is a little bit racist (like that stupid song!) even if they don't want to admit it.

The first thing that bothers me about this article  is that it lumps all white people together. What the hell. Maybe they all look the same to some people, I'm pretty sure British, Norwegian, Italian, or even the f*cking Ainu don't want to be lumped together. They are all different countries! And Americans, Canadians and Austrailians are mixed of many races, so it's hard to tell what origin country people come from. Even though I'm American, I'm sure a French person would not want to be mistaken for an American. So stop lumping them all together! Don't say "but the white people do that too!" No, those are the uneducated white people. 

Second point that ticked me off: whites are NOT the only racist people. Asians can be extremely judgmental. At least most educated white people agree that there is beauty found in many skin colors. Different skin types are mostly accepted in the countries that have become more diverse. But in most places in Asia - I hate to break it to you - you cannot really be considered pretty or good looking if you have dark skin. They look down on the darker skinner Asians as well, because at one time, being dark meant you had to work out in the sun like a dog. Even today, having light skin like a porcelain doll is the ideal. It's supposed to show perfection because you don't have to tan yourself to hide your skin imperfections. I've heard some extremely racist comments from Asias regarding blacks, other dark skinned Asian, Indians and other dark skinned races. So, if you have dark skin, you might think you have it tough in the US; try living in Asia. You'll stand out like you never thought possible.

The next point that bothers me is the whole benefits for "colored" people thing. Yeah, I benefitted from it in college and when in job interviews, but it's just so insulting for non white people if you really think about it. Why are the entrance exams easier or harder depending on your race? What the hell does that have to do with a persons intelligence? What the f*ck does it have to do with anything? 

It reminds me of that theory with welfare for the poor. There are times when I could have taken welfare. But I hate the system. It's not fair for those who earn more money. I can call myself unbiased because I do not presently earn boat loads of money, but yet I feel disturbed for the fact that they have to give up almost half of their income to taxes. Good for the people who have found the business loopholes. It's called being smart.

I could go on about this, but I'm sure it's obvious that I am not a liberal. I believe race has nothing to do with character. However, culture tends to shape who we are. For example, I've seen an Asisn girl who was adopted by a white family grow up whiter than most preppy white girls. Had she grown up with an Asian family, I'm sure her character would have turned out completely different, especially if living in Asia. 

Don't deny it. You categorize others by the way they look as well. There are many other factors, but when we don't know a person, we judge them by their looks. Not just white people.









Labels: , , , ,

* n i c o c . o: Rage

Friday, December 5, 2014

Rage

Reading articles like this just make me annoyed because it's obvious that some people have a very warped perception.

http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/clueless-things-white-people-say-racism/

At first I thought it was a joke. But nope, someone actually wrote this in a serious tone.

Now I am not a black person or Hispanic person, or even have darker skin for that matter. But honestly, many different races have light skin, just as white as any "white" person.

Yes, I am half white. But I am also half Asian. And that does count for something. I barely even consider myself a typical "white" American. I like Asian fashion, I eat mostly asian food, I married an Asian, and I have more of an Asian personality. Now, that being said, I don't care if I sound racist. I am mixed race. And I am a little bit racist against every race for different reasons. Heck, everyone is a little bit racist (like that stupid song!) even if they don't want to admit it.

The first thing that bothers me about this article  is that it lumps all white people together. What the hell. Maybe they all look the same to some people, I'm pretty sure British, Norwegian, Italian, or even the f*cking Ainu don't want to be lumped together. They are all different countries! And Americans, Canadians and Austrailians are mixed of many races, so it's hard to tell what origin country people come from. Even though I'm American, I'm sure a French person would not want to be mistaken for an American. So stop lumping them all together! Don't say "but the white people do that too!" No, those are the uneducated white people. 

Second point that ticked me off: whites are NOT the only racist people. Asians can be extremely judgmental. At least most educated white people agree that there is beauty found in many skin colors. Different skin types are mostly accepted in the countries that have become more diverse. But in most places in Asia - I hate to break it to you - you cannot really be considered pretty or good looking if you have dark skin. They look down on the darker skinner Asians as well, because at one time, being dark meant you had to work out in the sun like a dog. Even today, having light skin like a porcelain doll is the ideal. It's supposed to show perfection because you don't have to tan yourself to hide your skin imperfections. I've heard some extremely racist comments from Asias regarding blacks, other dark skinned Asian, Indians and other dark skinned races. So, if you have dark skin, you might think you have it tough in the US; try living in Asia. You'll stand out like you never thought possible.

The next point that bothers me is the whole benefits for "colored" people thing. Yeah, I benefitted from it in college and when in job interviews, but it's just so insulting for non white people if you really think about it. Why are the entrance exams easier or harder depending on your race? What the hell does that have to do with a persons intelligence? What the f*ck does it have to do with anything? 

It reminds me of that theory with welfare for the poor. There are times when I could have taken welfare. But I hate the system. It's not fair for those who earn more money. I can call myself unbiased because I do not presently earn boat loads of money, but yet I feel disturbed for the fact that they have to give up almost half of their income to taxes. Good for the people who have found the business loopholes. It's called being smart.

I could go on about this, but I'm sure it's obvious that I am not a liberal. I believe race has nothing to do with character. However, culture tends to shape who we are. For example, I've seen an Asisn girl who was adopted by a white family grow up whiter than most preppy white girls. Had she grown up with an Asian family, I'm sure her character would have turned out completely different, especially if living in Asia. 

Don't deny it. You categorize others by the way they look as well. There are many other factors, but when we don't know a person, we judge them by their looks. Not just white people.









Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home