New Songs

Since my brother is back for winter break, Insula is back together trying to create music as fast as possible. We have until January tenth, and he goes back to Texas. And sadly, he probably won't be coming back here next summer. So this may be the last time in a long time we are all together. When I think about that, it makes me regretful that I didn't record more music when he was here. He's a music producer: he does all of the instruments and mixing and tuning of the songs.

When I was younger, I went to Thailand and I seriously considered not coming back. Now I can't fathom not being with my family. I know eventually children are to move away from their parents and siblings, but it's so bittersweet. It's almost like.... Let me be a child just one more time. Let me play in the backyard during summer with my brother and sister just one more time. Let me take back all of those times when I was a teenager and I turned down my younger siblings to be alone and listen to music, or to do something else I could have put off. Let me redo my teen years when I wanted so much to be grown up so that I will have time again to enjoy life with my family without any responsibilities.

But not to stray from my original topic; we just finished one cover. We did "My Curse" by Killswitch Engage. I did the clean vocals and Ice did the screaming. Some parts were difficult, but honestly I love doing it and hearing the end result.


My brother got a new seven strong guitar for the song he wrote. He'll start recording this week and the song should hopefully be done by Sunday. Then we will move on to "Twilight" by Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas. The most difficult thing is going to be time... We all have work and we are going to try to do a video for each song as well.

I have faith that we can finish them all only because of last summer. We finished three songs in one week. It was absolutely ridiculous! But it was worth it!


That was when we were filming for "Bios."

Crazy red hair back then.

Labels: , , , , , ,

* n i c o c . o: New Songs

Sunday, December 21, 2014

New Songs

Since my brother is back for winter break, Insula is back together trying to create music as fast as possible. We have until January tenth, and he goes back to Texas. And sadly, he probably won't be coming back here next summer. So this may be the last time in a long time we are all together. When I think about that, it makes me regretful that I didn't record more music when he was here. He's a music producer: he does all of the instruments and mixing and tuning of the songs.

When I was younger, I went to Thailand and I seriously considered not coming back. Now I can't fathom not being with my family. I know eventually children are to move away from their parents and siblings, but it's so bittersweet. It's almost like.... Let me be a child just one more time. Let me play in the backyard during summer with my brother and sister just one more time. Let me take back all of those times when I was a teenager and I turned down my younger siblings to be alone and listen to music, or to do something else I could have put off. Let me redo my teen years when I wanted so much to be grown up so that I will have time again to enjoy life with my family without any responsibilities.

But not to stray from my original topic; we just finished one cover. We did "My Curse" by Killswitch Engage. I did the clean vocals and Ice did the screaming. Some parts were difficult, but honestly I love doing it and hearing the end result.


My brother got a new seven strong guitar for the song he wrote. He'll start recording this week and the song should hopefully be done by Sunday. Then we will move on to "Twilight" by Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas. The most difficult thing is going to be time... We all have work and we are going to try to do a video for each song as well.

I have faith that we can finish them all only because of last summer. We finished three songs in one week. It was absolutely ridiculous! But it was worth it!


That was when we were filming for "Bios."

Crazy red hair back then.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home