Maybe I'm not that Hungry

I've watched as the media put out the "curvy is better" after people attacked thin models for being unrealistic. And now there's a backlash of thin women who feel attacked by songs like "All About That Bass." 

And I know bigger women still also get attacked on places like 9gag and YouTube. But to be honest, I don't know why women compare themselves against people who look nothing like the range of their body.

I know I should say something like "I don't know why women compare themselves to other women" at all, but really! We're never going to stop being catty and competitive. 

With that being said, I don't know why I get criticized for going on a diet or occasionally mentioning that I think I'm getting out of shape for my body frame. I'm sorry that you think I'm not chubby for my body frame, but when I feel that muffin top coming and I have the power to prevent it, why shouldn't I?

It really depends where you live as well: when I was in Asia, I was always concerned about getting chubby because everyone was so thin there.  And it's not unrealistic for me to be healthy at 95 lbs because my height is 5'1". Right now I'm at 110 lbs and I feel that anything over that weight is not something I would be comfortable with because I know for sure that I can be 95 lbs! It's not out of my range.

I don't really know what my point is other than.... Stop asking me to eat more just because I'm your standard of skinny! Maybe I'm not hungry. Guys at work do this to me all this time. And girls at my last job used to ask me things like that too. It's annoying.
* n i c o c . o: Maybe I'm not that Hungry

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Maybe I'm not that Hungry

I've watched as the media put out the "curvy is better" after people attacked thin models for being unrealistic. And now there's a backlash of thin women who feel attacked by songs like "All About That Bass." 

And I know bigger women still also get attacked on places like 9gag and YouTube. But to be honest, I don't know why women compare themselves against people who look nothing like the range of their body.

I know I should say something like "I don't know why women compare themselves to other women" at all, but really! We're never going to stop being catty and competitive. 

With that being said, I don't know why I get criticized for going on a diet or occasionally mentioning that I think I'm getting out of shape for my body frame. I'm sorry that you think I'm not chubby for my body frame, but when I feel that muffin top coming and I have the power to prevent it, why shouldn't I?

It really depends where you live as well: when I was in Asia, I was always concerned about getting chubby because everyone was so thin there.  And it's not unrealistic for me to be healthy at 95 lbs because my height is 5'1". Right now I'm at 110 lbs and I feel that anything over that weight is not something I would be comfortable with because I know for sure that I can be 95 lbs! It's not out of my range.

I don't really know what my point is other than.... Stop asking me to eat more just because I'm your standard of skinny! Maybe I'm not hungry. Guys at work do this to me all this time. And girls at my last job used to ask me things like that too. It's annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home