Lost in the Waves of Life

Sometimes I realize what I'm doing and finally stop and think "what the hell am I doing?" Today I realized I'm not taking care of myself the way I should be.

Since I've started my new job, I've been letting myself go in regards to the way I eat. I've been skipping meals, eating crap, and binge eating and starving. It's not something I've consciously done to myself; I think the pressures of the new job and trying to get used to the new schedule has taken its toll on my eating habits. I also have significantly lowered the amount of times I cook throughout the week, which has made me lose interest in health foods.

As a result, I have gained fat in areas that I had toned over the summer, and I've been running on coffee like its a fuel, which is not healthy.

I've been a bit mentally unstable too because of stopping my meditation routine since I've switched jobs. I've forgotten my dreams, scattered my thoughts, and ran away from reality. It's tough being an adult. Sometimes you just want to run away from it all. And consequently end up making your life more full of drama and problems you didn't have before.

I think I need to make a conscious effort to overcome these weaknesses and pull my health back together. It's almost as if I've forgotten to love myself, in amidst all of the waves of life that have come crashing down on me in the past few months.
* n i c o c . o: Lost in the Waves of Life

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Lost in the Waves of Life

Sometimes I realize what I'm doing and finally stop and think "what the hell am I doing?" Today I realized I'm not taking care of myself the way I should be.

Since I've started my new job, I've been letting myself go in regards to the way I eat. I've been skipping meals, eating crap, and binge eating and starving. It's not something I've consciously done to myself; I think the pressures of the new job and trying to get used to the new schedule has taken its toll on my eating habits. I also have significantly lowered the amount of times I cook throughout the week, which has made me lose interest in health foods.

As a result, I have gained fat in areas that I had toned over the summer, and I've been running on coffee like its a fuel, which is not healthy.

I've been a bit mentally unstable too because of stopping my meditation routine since I've switched jobs. I've forgotten my dreams, scattered my thoughts, and ran away from reality. It's tough being an adult. Sometimes you just want to run away from it all. And consequently end up making your life more full of drama and problems you didn't have before.

I think I need to make a conscious effort to overcome these weaknesses and pull my health back together. It's almost as if I've forgotten to love myself, in amidst all of the waves of life that have come crashing down on me in the past few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home