I Remember

I remember. It was by Kaskade and Deadmau5.

Sitting at the red light under the highway bridge. It was 2:34 AM, but I didn't care. This had become normal for me lately. I was going home from his house. Nobody could know because they would tell me how naive I was or how I was wasting my time.

The music escaping the car stereo soothed my nervous stomach. It was the only CD I had with me, so I was glad that it had some of my current favorite songs. As I was stopped under that bridge, I looked beyond into the summer night sky. It was rare to see the stars in our suburban area, but I could see them faintly gathered in the darkness. And I wondered what I was doing with my life.

The light finally changed to green, and I drove away, back to the safety of my home.

It's amazing how certain songs can trigger memories, almost as well as smell. Songs can bring back the pictures that are buried in our minds, and bring with it the old feelings we had at that time.



It's crazy.


Labels: , , , , , , ,

* n i c o c . o: I Remember

Saturday, December 20, 2014

I Remember

I remember. It was by Kaskade and Deadmau5.

Sitting at the red light under the highway bridge. It was 2:34 AM, but I didn't care. This had become normal for me lately. I was going home from his house. Nobody could know because they would tell me how naive I was or how I was wasting my time.

The music escaping the car stereo soothed my nervous stomach. It was the only CD I had with me, so I was glad that it had some of my current favorite songs. As I was stopped under that bridge, I looked beyond into the summer night sky. It was rare to see the stars in our suburban area, but I could see them faintly gathered in the darkness. And I wondered what I was doing with my life.

The light finally changed to green, and I drove away, back to the safety of my home.

It's amazing how certain songs can trigger memories, almost as well as smell. Songs can bring back the pictures that are buried in our minds, and bring with it the old feelings we had at that time.



It's crazy.


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home