Paris

No this isn't actually about the city Paris. 

I remember the day I met her. It was in creative writing class. She had her black shoulder length hair, pulled into a half ponytail. She was wearing a bright yellow tee and blue jeans. She sat in the desk right in front of me and I reeked of jealousy because she was so pretty and I wasn't. She had perfect white skin and she smelled of baby powder. She had refectory shaped red lips.

We were in first year highschool and I had started talking to her. She was a Korean student who had literally just moved from South Korea. Her English was surprisingly perfect. No accent at all. At first I thought I would always be jealous of her and she would be above me and not want to be friends. But as it turned out, her personality was similar in terms of weirdness to mine and we were BFFs for most of all our high school years.


Since cellphones were not yet mainstream for kids our age and both of us were writers, we kept notebooks that we would pass back and forth between classes to keep each other updated on our daily lives. We didn't have many classes together, so in actuality, most of our friendship was through our writing.


I'm not really afraid to post this old photo of her because basically after college, she dropped off the face of the earth.  And I cannot search her through social media because her name is too common. :(

I hope someday we can be reunited. 

Oh and one of her fav songs was Paris by Epik High. It now reminds me of her. 
* n i c o c . o: Paris

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Paris

No this isn't actually about the city Paris. 

I remember the day I met her. It was in creative writing class. She had her black shoulder length hair, pulled into a half ponytail. She was wearing a bright yellow tee and blue jeans. She sat in the desk right in front of me and I reeked of jealousy because she was so pretty and I wasn't. She had perfect white skin and she smelled of baby powder. She had refectory shaped red lips.

We were in first year highschool and I had started talking to her. She was a Korean student who had literally just moved from South Korea. Her English was surprisingly perfect. No accent at all. At first I thought I would always be jealous of her and she would be above me and not want to be friends. But as it turned out, her personality was similar in terms of weirdness to mine and we were BFFs for most of all our high school years.


Since cellphones were not yet mainstream for kids our age and both of us were writers, we kept notebooks that we would pass back and forth between classes to keep each other updated on our daily lives. We didn't have many classes together, so in actuality, most of our friendship was through our writing.


I'm not really afraid to post this old photo of her because basically after college, she dropped off the face of the earth.  And I cannot search her through social media because her name is too common. :(

I hope someday we can be reunited. 

Oh and one of her fav songs was Paris by Epik High. It now reminds me of her. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home