How To: Hair Growth

When I was a teenager one of the things I hated about my appearance was my inability to grow my hair long. I would cut it because I would frequently get split ends due to excessive hair straightening, and it would only grow to about just past my shoulders until it would have to be cut again. I absolutely hated it!

As I have been on the journey of growing my hair, here are some tips on how to grow your hair long.

#1: Stop Processing Your Hair!
I know this is extremely hard, especially for teenagers, but this is really a huge key to having long, healthy hair. I always wanted straight hair. But I realized that when your hair gets long enough, the weight of the hair makes it straight. I used to have frizz problems almost every day, but now my hair is at my waist and I can literally braid it and leave it like that for a few hours, and then take out the braid, and it will completely straight within 30 minutes.

#2: Drink Unicity Complete
This is a lean protein shake that I started taking about a year ago. It's truly amazing - my hair has grown at least an 1 per month when it used to barely grow a 1/2 an inch before.  I didn't understand why until I saw the ingredients: any supplements you would ever need to take for healthy hair are included.

No more need for the biotin supplement! No vitamin supplements! It's all there!


#3: Braids
One reason why our hair tends to break is just from environment. If you are very serious about growing your hair, you should often braid it during the day to avoid exposure. When I got serious about getting it to my waist, I learned how to French braid. And everyday for months I just braided a single braid down my back. It really does help!

#4: Mane and Tail Shampoo and Conditioner
This is a good shampoo and conditioner to use to minimize oil production. When I switched to this at first, my scalp was oily, but now that it's gotten used to it, whenever I use other shampoos, my hair is usually dry and then becomes oily much faster throughout the day. Also, when you wash your hair, only scrub your scalp; don't really scrub the ends of your hair, which are dry enough already.

#5: Stop Cutting Your Hair
This is seriously a myth. If you take care of your hair, you don't need to get a "trim" every month to keep it healthy. If you don't believe me, read this post by Xiaxue.

It really is possible for someone who just thinks their hair grows slowly to make it happen!


Labels: , , , , ,

* n i c o c . o: How To: Hair Growth

Sunday, November 9, 2014

How To: Hair Growth

When I was a teenager one of the things I hated about my appearance was my inability to grow my hair long. I would cut it because I would frequently get split ends due to excessive hair straightening, and it would only grow to about just past my shoulders until it would have to be cut again. I absolutely hated it!

As I have been on the journey of growing my hair, here are some tips on how to grow your hair long.

#1: Stop Processing Your Hair!
I know this is extremely hard, especially for teenagers, but this is really a huge key to having long, healthy hair. I always wanted straight hair. But I realized that when your hair gets long enough, the weight of the hair makes it straight. I used to have frizz problems almost every day, but now my hair is at my waist and I can literally braid it and leave it like that for a few hours, and then take out the braid, and it will completely straight within 30 minutes.

#2: Drink Unicity Complete
This is a lean protein shake that I started taking about a year ago. It's truly amazing - my hair has grown at least an 1 per month when it used to barely grow a 1/2 an inch before.  I didn't understand why until I saw the ingredients: any supplements you would ever need to take for healthy hair are included.

No more need for the biotin supplement! No vitamin supplements! It's all there!


#3: Braids
One reason why our hair tends to break is just from environment. If you are very serious about growing your hair, you should often braid it during the day to avoid exposure. When I got serious about getting it to my waist, I learned how to French braid. And everyday for months I just braided a single braid down my back. It really does help!

#4: Mane and Tail Shampoo and Conditioner
This is a good shampoo and conditioner to use to minimize oil production. When I switched to this at first, my scalp was oily, but now that it's gotten used to it, whenever I use other shampoos, my hair is usually dry and then becomes oily much faster throughout the day. Also, when you wash your hair, only scrub your scalp; don't really scrub the ends of your hair, which are dry enough already.

#5: Stop Cutting Your Hair
This is seriously a myth. If you take care of your hair, you don't need to get a "trim" every month to keep it healthy. If you don't believe me, read this post by Xiaxue.

It really is possible for someone who just thinks their hair grows slowly to make it happen!


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home