Autumn Adventures


Although I absolutely hate the fall season, I do have to admit that it's usually during this time when the biggest changes within myself tend to happen. 


I tend to think more seriously about life, and I think that's why I hate it. I think about how I'm getting older and what I should have done this past year. 


This past year, I think my greatest accomplishment was finding more of myself. Sometimes when we get stuck in a routine of trying to please others, we forget who we are and what we as individuals want for ourselves. 


I think that's crucial to know what you want, because without truly knowing what you want, you will never find satisfaction. You will never change yourself for the better, down the path where you are truly satisfied.


You can't pretend to be someone you are not. You will eventually get tired. Your heart will feel heavy, and you will wonder why you cannot find the results you were looking for in the first place. 


How do you find yourself? I think for me it started with being quiet and listening. If you can find what you are good at and play up your strengths over your biggest weaknesses, you will find your true joys in life, and find what makes you YOU.


Famous Michelin Star chef, Marco Pierre White once said it best: "People look up to others who are being themselves and doing something." If you are being the best you that you can be and you are doing something you are satisfied with, who wouldn't like you? You will be happy, your aura will spread, and you'll be doing something you find worthwhile.


What could you do everyday without getting weary?


For me, it's improving my fashion, my writing, and making myself stand out. I feel alive when I write. I feel good about myself when I dress up. And I like to be noticed now, when before I would have done anything to not be noticed by anyone.


I know I haven't found everything about myself. But I think that's the fun part: embarking on the journey of YOU. Finding out your talents and strengths through all of the chaos of life.


There is only one you....


... So take advantage of that and be the best you you can be.


Autumn is really the prettiest season in my area though.  Maybe I think too much. 


All photo credits go to my younger sister, Abby. One of her passions is photography, and she's obviously good at it!


#OOTD:

Jacket: Calvin Klein 
Hat: Calvin Klein 
Scarf: Plato's Closet
Jeans: Forever21
Boots: Predictions
Clutch: Coach


Going to Gettysburg was fun but very windy! 


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

* n i c o c . o: Autumn Adventures

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Autumn Adventures


Although I absolutely hate the fall season, I do have to admit that it's usually during this time when the biggest changes within myself tend to happen. 


I tend to think more seriously about life, and I think that's why I hate it. I think about how I'm getting older and what I should have done this past year. 


This past year, I think my greatest accomplishment was finding more of myself. Sometimes when we get stuck in a routine of trying to please others, we forget who we are and what we as individuals want for ourselves. 


I think that's crucial to know what you want, because without truly knowing what you want, you will never find satisfaction. You will never change yourself for the better, down the path where you are truly satisfied.


You can't pretend to be someone you are not. You will eventually get tired. Your heart will feel heavy, and you will wonder why you cannot find the results you were looking for in the first place. 


How do you find yourself? I think for me it started with being quiet and listening. If you can find what you are good at and play up your strengths over your biggest weaknesses, you will find your true joys in life, and find what makes you YOU.


Famous Michelin Star chef, Marco Pierre White once said it best: "People look up to others who are being themselves and doing something." If you are being the best you that you can be and you are doing something you are satisfied with, who wouldn't like you? You will be happy, your aura will spread, and you'll be doing something you find worthwhile.


What could you do everyday without getting weary?


For me, it's improving my fashion, my writing, and making myself stand out. I feel alive when I write. I feel good about myself when I dress up. And I like to be noticed now, when before I would have done anything to not be noticed by anyone.


I know I haven't found everything about myself. But I think that's the fun part: embarking on the journey of YOU. Finding out your talents and strengths through all of the chaos of life.


There is only one you....


... So take advantage of that and be the best you you can be.


Autumn is really the prettiest season in my area though.  Maybe I think too much. 


All photo credits go to my younger sister, Abby. One of her passions is photography, and she's obviously good at it!


#OOTD:

Jacket: Calvin Klein 
Hat: Calvin Klein 
Scarf: Plato's Closet
Jeans: Forever21
Boots: Predictions
Clutch: Coach


Going to Gettysburg was fun but very windy! 


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home