Flying Away

When it comes to music, I like a little bit of everything depending on my mood. I like pop, including American mainstream, Kpop, Jpop, Thai pop, and pretty much any country's pop. I like rock, including alternative, soft rock, and all different kinds of metal. I also enjoy all types of rap music, jazz, classical, and acoustic. I have to admit my tastes do lean towards the electronic music. I highly enjoy EDM, big house, trap, dubstep (including liquid), trance, progressive, chillstep, house, and most of all.... drum and bass.

Most people don't know what I'm talking about when I talk music with them. I guess its not popular enough to be generally recognized yet. I'm seriously not just being hipster about it - D&B is really the music that I feel touches me the most.

People who are not familiar and hear samples of D&B for the first time usually ask me what I like about it and if I get bored of the same beat in every song. The truth is that the beat is what makes it D&B so I guess the beat is the very feature that attracts me to this music. Of course I love it also when there are fusions of D&B, but I also just love the freedom of the drum and bass sound.

I guess I'm a girl who likes to ecsape, whether it be from my own current problems, or just the real world and all its people, and when I listen to D&B, the beat carries me through the sky, as fast as flying. I can always feel an uplifting mood, elevated past the clouds in a summer evening, when the sun is fading into the night. I feel free. Its a type of freedom that can't be expressed by any other genre. It brings the creativity out of me, comforts me, pushes me to do better, and most of all, allows me to escape from this world and allows me to be purely myself with no one to judge me.



It might sound ridiculous for someone who either has never heard D&B or for someone who doesn't like this genre, but I'm almost sure that anyone who enjoys the music can relate.

I like the genre as a whole, including jungle and liquid. Some of my current favorite D&B artists are Matrix and Futurebound, Pendulum, Maduk, and pretty much all of the artists on the Viper CDs or the Liquicity mixes. In fact, as I write this, I'm listening to Free all by Metrik, an artist who is on the 2013 Viper CD.

Although this was mostly about D&B, another one of my all time favorite Electronic artists is Denis Kenzo. He does mostly uplifting progressive, and the weird part is that I havenot been able to find anyone else who does his style of music. If a remix of a song was remixed by Denis Kenzo, it is easy to tell right away. Sadly, many of his remixes are better than the original (IMO). His music also reminds me of the sky, but more of a slower appreciation of the sunset rather than flying away. I don't know how describe it in any other way.


No music, no life. Set yourself free . . .


* n i c o c . o: Flying Away

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Flying Away

When it comes to music, I like a little bit of everything depending on my mood. I like pop, including American mainstream, Kpop, Jpop, Thai pop, and pretty much any country's pop. I like rock, including alternative, soft rock, and all different kinds of metal. I also enjoy all types of rap music, jazz, classical, and acoustic. I have to admit my tastes do lean towards the electronic music. I highly enjoy EDM, big house, trap, dubstep (including liquid), trance, progressive, chillstep, house, and most of all.... drum and bass.

Most people don't know what I'm talking about when I talk music with them. I guess its not popular enough to be generally recognized yet. I'm seriously not just being hipster about it - D&B is really the music that I feel touches me the most.

People who are not familiar and hear samples of D&B for the first time usually ask me what I like about it and if I get bored of the same beat in every song. The truth is that the beat is what makes it D&B so I guess the beat is the very feature that attracts me to this music. Of course I love it also when there are fusions of D&B, but I also just love the freedom of the drum and bass sound.

I guess I'm a girl who likes to ecsape, whether it be from my own current problems, or just the real world and all its people, and when I listen to D&B, the beat carries me through the sky, as fast as flying. I can always feel an uplifting mood, elevated past the clouds in a summer evening, when the sun is fading into the night. I feel free. Its a type of freedom that can't be expressed by any other genre. It brings the creativity out of me, comforts me, pushes me to do better, and most of all, allows me to escape from this world and allows me to be purely myself with no one to judge me.



It might sound ridiculous for someone who either has never heard D&B or for someone who doesn't like this genre, but I'm almost sure that anyone who enjoys the music can relate.

I like the genre as a whole, including jungle and liquid. Some of my current favorite D&B artists are Matrix and Futurebound, Pendulum, Maduk, and pretty much all of the artists on the Viper CDs or the Liquicity mixes. In fact, as I write this, I'm listening to Free all by Metrik, an artist who is on the 2013 Viper CD.

Although this was mostly about D&B, another one of my all time favorite Electronic artists is Denis Kenzo. He does mostly uplifting progressive, and the weird part is that I havenot been able to find anyone else who does his style of music. If a remix of a song was remixed by Denis Kenzo, it is easy to tell right away. Sadly, many of his remixes are better than the original (IMO). His music also reminds me of the sky, but more of a slower appreciation of the sunset rather than flying away. I don't know how describe it in any other way.


No music, no life. Set yourself free . . .


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home