Thoughts

When I thought about what to write today, I couldn't really decide on one thing to write about. Not sure if it's a waste of time, but lately I've been thinking about how I feel about my own body, health and future. Some of the main goals for the next few months and years include the following:

1.) Being able to wake up earlier. I actually have developed a disorder called Delayed Sleep Phase which is either caused by repeated bad habits and sometimes genetics where the person's sleep phase is shifted from the normal sleep cycle, which is usually between 10 pm and 6 am. My sleep cycle is between 1 - 2 am and 8 - 9 am. The way you can tell if you have or are developing this is by asking yourself "when am I the most productive?" For myself I feel tired all day and then my high energy and focus comes at 9 pm. At that time, I am able to focus on my work and chores the best. Unfortunately it is unhealthy to have this sleep phase because this is how I become hungry at night and why exercise is harder to fit into the day. Not to mention my day job starts early and due to that I go into the office half-asleep.  So to correct the sleep phase disorder, natural sunlight is one of the best ways to tell the body it's time to get up. Sunlamps are expensive, so I am planning to wake up and immediately take walks at sunrise. Wish me luck!

2.) Lose the extra weight. I already mentioned this earlier in another post, but this has bothered me a lot because my small frame is meant to be in the 46 kg range and I'm about 50 kg right now. And keep in mind, I'm 153 cm tall, so honestly that's not where I want to be. All my childhood I wished to be short because I thought I would be cute.... Little did I know that it would be much harder to maintain weight! T^T/ I used to be 46 kg, but ever since getting married, I've gained weight. 

3.) Drink more water. Someday I may write a post about skin, but just to give you the short story, I've struggled with moderately severe acne for most of my life. Starting at age 13 and still dealing with it at age 23. Drinking more water is definitely one of the best things a person can do for their skin, and for some reason that's always been a challenge for me! One of the things I've really been into lately is drinking sparkling water. It's so addicting! But expensive ah.

4.) Blog and learn more new things! I have always blogged on and off for years, gaining readers and then disappearing. I really need to break that habit. And one new thing I'm working on right now is getting my travel agent license. I think it will help me travel the world more thus learn more things. When I lived in Thailand, I learned so much more than I ever could in a classroom. The last thing I want to do is be stuck here!

5.) Stop half @$$ing things. Meaning - actually try to do well at my day job. Try to actively talk and connect with people. Actually change my eating habits and get off my sugar addiction. Run when I work out! Finish what I start!

That all came together better than I thought it would. I'm sure other women are struggling with the same issues. I always wonder how they can resolve them?!

And lastly, here's my post workout brunch:


I had oatmeal, fried egg with cayenne, raw kale with a teeny bit of organic each and peppercorn dressing, a half of grapefruit, two strawberries, coconut water and herbal basil and rose tea for afterwards. It was really good...!

Kay. 

(^O^)/
* n i c o c . o: Thoughts

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Thoughts

When I thought about what to write today, I couldn't really decide on one thing to write about. Not sure if it's a waste of time, but lately I've been thinking about how I feel about my own body, health and future. Some of the main goals for the next few months and years include the following:

1.) Being able to wake up earlier. I actually have developed a disorder called Delayed Sleep Phase which is either caused by repeated bad habits and sometimes genetics where the person's sleep phase is shifted from the normal sleep cycle, which is usually between 10 pm and 6 am. My sleep cycle is between 1 - 2 am and 8 - 9 am. The way you can tell if you have or are developing this is by asking yourself "when am I the most productive?" For myself I feel tired all day and then my high energy and focus comes at 9 pm. At that time, I am able to focus on my work and chores the best. Unfortunately it is unhealthy to have this sleep phase because this is how I become hungry at night and why exercise is harder to fit into the day. Not to mention my day job starts early and due to that I go into the office half-asleep.  So to correct the sleep phase disorder, natural sunlight is one of the best ways to tell the body it's time to get up. Sunlamps are expensive, so I am planning to wake up and immediately take walks at sunrise. Wish me luck!

2.) Lose the extra weight. I already mentioned this earlier in another post, but this has bothered me a lot because my small frame is meant to be in the 46 kg range and I'm about 50 kg right now. And keep in mind, I'm 153 cm tall, so honestly that's not where I want to be. All my childhood I wished to be short because I thought I would be cute.... Little did I know that it would be much harder to maintain weight! T^T/ I used to be 46 kg, but ever since getting married, I've gained weight. 

3.) Drink more water. Someday I may write a post about skin, but just to give you the short story, I've struggled with moderately severe acne for most of my life. Starting at age 13 and still dealing with it at age 23. Drinking more water is definitely one of the best things a person can do for their skin, and for some reason that's always been a challenge for me! One of the things I've really been into lately is drinking sparkling water. It's so addicting! But expensive ah.

4.) Blog and learn more new things! I have always blogged on and off for years, gaining readers and then disappearing. I really need to break that habit. And one new thing I'm working on right now is getting my travel agent license. I think it will help me travel the world more thus learn more things. When I lived in Thailand, I learned so much more than I ever could in a classroom. The last thing I want to do is be stuck here!

5.) Stop half @$$ing things. Meaning - actually try to do well at my day job. Try to actively talk and connect with people. Actually change my eating habits and get off my sugar addiction. Run when I work out! Finish what I start!

That all came together better than I thought it would. I'm sure other women are struggling with the same issues. I always wonder how they can resolve them?!

And lastly, here's my post workout brunch:


I had oatmeal, fried egg with cayenne, raw kale with a teeny bit of organic each and peppercorn dressing, a half of grapefruit, two strawberries, coconut water and herbal basil and rose tea for afterwards. It was really good...!

Kay. 

(^O^)/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home