Plain to Bold

When I was in school, I always wanted to have my own style but fit in to a certain extent. So I wore jeans everyday and tried to look as Asian American as I could. I didn't want to look like a Starbucks-Hollister-Ugg American girl (if you know what I mean...), but I wanted to fit in to a certain extent.

Now that I'm older yet still look super young, I can't stand going out in just jeans. I feel so.... Plain! And honestly I do think that I can look like a very plain girl when trying to "fit" in, so lately I've been gravitating towards bolder styles. Here are some ideas to help you become more bold-looking if you are feeling plain: 

1.) Wear a variety of different types of clothes. If you always wear jeans, wear skirts and dresses! I hardly ever wear one type for a week. And at work I try to avoid dress pants and tend to wear different types of dresses and skirts.

2.) Use a bright shade of lip tint. This is my big one. No matter what I'm wearing, whether it's gym clothes, work clothes or going out clothes, I always make sure to have a shade of bright coral, pink or red lip tint.

3.) Have an accent piece. Wear a plain outfit but with bold jewelry. Wear plain shirts with a brightly printed skirt. Wear a plain outfit but with shoes that stand out. It makes a huge difference!


Dare to stand out.

* n i c o c . o: Plain to Bold

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Plain to Bold

When I was in school, I always wanted to have my own style but fit in to a certain extent. So I wore jeans everyday and tried to look as Asian American as I could. I didn't want to look like a Starbucks-Hollister-Ugg American girl (if you know what I mean...), but I wanted to fit in to a certain extent.

Now that I'm older yet still look super young, I can't stand going out in just jeans. I feel so.... Plain! And honestly I do think that I can look like a very plain girl when trying to "fit" in, so lately I've been gravitating towards bolder styles. Here are some ideas to help you become more bold-looking if you are feeling plain: 

1.) Wear a variety of different types of clothes. If you always wear jeans, wear skirts and dresses! I hardly ever wear one type for a week. And at work I try to avoid dress pants and tend to wear different types of dresses and skirts.

2.) Use a bright shade of lip tint. This is my big one. No matter what I'm wearing, whether it's gym clothes, work clothes or going out clothes, I always make sure to have a shade of bright coral, pink or red lip tint.

3.) Have an accent piece. Wear a plain outfit but with bold jewelry. Wear plain shirts with a brightly printed skirt. Wear a plain outfit but with shoes that stand out. It makes a huge difference!


Dare to stand out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home