Health: Meal Portioning - How to Control Portions

This is honestly one of the biggest things about changing to a healthier lifestyle that makes all of the difference. It can be hard at times, but controlling the actual amount rather than just the type of food is important.

You might have heard of these tips: use a smaller plate at dinner, use a bento box to control your portions, eat smaller portions of more things. (And I'm not talking about "eat many small portions of things throughout the day"... I'll explain why that's a myth in a different post soon!) I actually do the smaller plates and bowls thing already, and I had a cute bento box up until recently when it broke.


I was eating out at work or just bringing regular sized containers until last week... I finally bought the Pyrex containers!


It's measured at exactly 1 cup (about 237 grams?) so the portions are perfect for a girl trying to eat healthy! Especially since I have an office lifestyle, I should not be eating as much as a girl who is constantly on her feet. 

Examples of how my weekday with these containers would go:

Breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal with chia seeds and cinnamon and protein shake with fiber

Snack: 1 cup of pretzels, almonds and dark chocolate combined 

Lunch: 1 steamed sweet potato with parsley and olive oil (pictured above) or tomorrow I'm having 1cup of gyuudon (^∇^)

Snack: 1 cup of fresh cut peach

Dinner: Small plate with about 1/2 cup of cooked jasmine rice with chicken and basil stir fry

Snack: Herbal tea with 1 cup of frozen fruit

It's a great container for office girls - you should try if you get the chance! 
* n i c o c . o: Health: Meal Portioning - How to Control Portions

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Health: Meal Portioning - How to Control Portions

This is honestly one of the biggest things about changing to a healthier lifestyle that makes all of the difference. It can be hard at times, but controlling the actual amount rather than just the type of food is important.

You might have heard of these tips: use a smaller plate at dinner, use a bento box to control your portions, eat smaller portions of more things. (And I'm not talking about "eat many small portions of things throughout the day"... I'll explain why that's a myth in a different post soon!) I actually do the smaller plates and bowls thing already, and I had a cute bento box up until recently when it broke.


I was eating out at work or just bringing regular sized containers until last week... I finally bought the Pyrex containers!


It's measured at exactly 1 cup (about 237 grams?) so the portions are perfect for a girl trying to eat healthy! Especially since I have an office lifestyle, I should not be eating as much as a girl who is constantly on her feet. 

Examples of how my weekday with these containers would go:

Breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal with chia seeds and cinnamon and protein shake with fiber

Snack: 1 cup of pretzels, almonds and dark chocolate combined 

Lunch: 1 steamed sweet potato with parsley and olive oil (pictured above) or tomorrow I'm having 1cup of gyuudon (^∇^)

Snack: 1 cup of fresh cut peach

Dinner: Small plate with about 1/2 cup of cooked jasmine rice with chicken and basil stir fry

Snack: Herbal tea with 1 cup of frozen fruit

It's a great container for office girls - you should try if you get the chance! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home