Fitness

Life really gets in the way sometimes. That's why I want to set a real and tangible goal for myself regarding weight and measurements. Right now I am not skinny nor am I overweight, but I do know that I am not completely comfortable in my own skin. I recently went to the beach and was too self-conscious to wear a normal bikini so I wore a one piece so my stomach would not show. I really began to regret that decision and sparked my seriousness to change my fitness and nutrition.

 

I do try to eat healthy right now, but of course, especially since it's summer right now, I tend to eat more sugary foods in between meals (ahem, ice cream). I have always had a sweet tooth, and as a child I used to eat so much sugar that I would have an upset stomach due to high fructose corn syrup overdose. It has been said that sugar is 8 more times addictive than cocaine, which is actually pretty scary. Ever wonder why it's so hard to stop eating certain foods? It's most likely due to the sugar content or the food additives in the food that is making you addicted. And of course I'm one of the prey that has fallen into the trap, as many others are around the world. Another thing I'm trying to control is portion sizes. It's not too difficult to control my portions at meals, but for some reason (sweet tooth!) it's so hard to control my portions when it comes to desserts. One scoop of ice cream? Nah, let's have two or three! I'm not sure what's wrong with my brain, but that's how it seems to go.

 

Another thing that's hard is being active during the day. I'm usually cooped up at a desk for most of the day, and recently it's been a challenge to get  myself to a gym due to the fatigue of a new job, but I always have to remind myself that exercise is really not just going to the gym. Psychologist Dr. Kelly McGonagall once said that exercise is any physical movements not involving eating junk food. I think that's true! Walking outside, window shopping, walking up and down stairs, even rolling down hills (I suppose) is exercise. I really have no excuse when it comes to sitting on the couch doing nothing but staring at my mobile device (like right now).

 

Therefore, I am going to declare my stats and goals below and will post every few days to report on how I am doing. I will also post some of the food I will eat as well as other things that happen along the way.

 

height (cm): 155

weight (kg): 50

goal weight (kg):46

waist (cm): 66

goal waist (cm): 60

 

Other goals: eat less sugar, drink more water, tone arms and thighs

 

Nicolette ♥

* n i c o c . o: Fitness

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fitness

Life really gets in the way sometimes. That's why I want to set a real and tangible goal for myself regarding weight and measurements. Right now I am not skinny nor am I overweight, but I do know that I am not completely comfortable in my own skin. I recently went to the beach and was too self-conscious to wear a normal bikini so I wore a one piece so my stomach would not show. I really began to regret that decision and sparked my seriousness to change my fitness and nutrition.

 

I do try to eat healthy right now, but of course, especially since it's summer right now, I tend to eat more sugary foods in between meals (ahem, ice cream). I have always had a sweet tooth, and as a child I used to eat so much sugar that I would have an upset stomach due to high fructose corn syrup overdose. It has been said that sugar is 8 more times addictive than cocaine, which is actually pretty scary. Ever wonder why it's so hard to stop eating certain foods? It's most likely due to the sugar content or the food additives in the food that is making you addicted. And of course I'm one of the prey that has fallen into the trap, as many others are around the world. Another thing I'm trying to control is portion sizes. It's not too difficult to control my portions at meals, but for some reason (sweet tooth!) it's so hard to control my portions when it comes to desserts. One scoop of ice cream? Nah, let's have two or three! I'm not sure what's wrong with my brain, but that's how it seems to go.

 

Another thing that's hard is being active during the day. I'm usually cooped up at a desk for most of the day, and recently it's been a challenge to get  myself to a gym due to the fatigue of a new job, but I always have to remind myself that exercise is really not just going to the gym. Psychologist Dr. Kelly McGonagall once said that exercise is any physical movements not involving eating junk food. I think that's true! Walking outside, window shopping, walking up and down stairs, even rolling down hills (I suppose) is exercise. I really have no excuse when it comes to sitting on the couch doing nothing but staring at my mobile device (like right now).

 

Therefore, I am going to declare my stats and goals below and will post every few days to report on how I am doing. I will also post some of the food I will eat as well as other things that happen along the way.

 

height (cm): 155

weight (kg): 50

goal weight (kg):46

waist (cm): 66

goal waist (cm): 60

 

Other goals: eat less sugar, drink more water, tone arms and thighs

 

Nicolette ♥

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home