Rant on Beauty

Every time I think about my health goals, I can't help but remember what men like and how different I am from that ideal. My face is rounder, my eyes are too round, my hair isn't shiney enough. I'm definitely not in the "skinny" range for being Asian and for my small frame of 153 cm. I also do not have completely clear skin, and clearly need to drink more water per day. There was a time when I had nicer hair, paler skin, a thinner body, more oval shaped face, and clearer skin, but always at different times in my life instead of all at the same time!



I know it may be silly to follow what men would want, but honestly I am not going to be one of those girls who ignores the beauty standard as an excuse. I can be my own person while still being the healthiest, skinniest, and prettiest that I myself can be. I can still create my own style while following the beauty standard. Just like people who criticize plastic surgery, people might criticize me for this.  But honestly if there is something about yourself that you do not like and you are able to fix, and you know that if you fix it your confidence will increase, why would you not do it?! Just to be "independent" or "your true self," ah?

There are some girls out there who know how men want them to look, act and dress. You might call them bimbos, tools, or fake, but the truth is that if they truly love their style this way, they are far smarter than the girls who are not willing to do it. Why should guys pay attention to something they don't want?

You might say, it depends on the girls personality, right? Of course this is part if it! No point in having a super well kept wife who is bitchy all the time, right? True women know how to get what they want by manipulation. Not bad manipulation, but the true art of how to influence people. You can read up on that in Dale Carnegie's book, How to Win a Friends and Influence People. 

The point of all of this is that I am going to try to achieve all of the above by December of this year. This is the Asian beauty standard I'm using, not the American (but maybe a little bit of the European). I did a pretty bad job this summer, so I need to get on that now! 

Anyone who reads this, please hold me accountable. 


Labels: , , , ,

* n i c o c . o: Rant on Beauty

Monday, August 25, 2014

Rant on Beauty

Every time I think about my health goals, I can't help but remember what men like and how different I am from that ideal. My face is rounder, my eyes are too round, my hair isn't shiney enough. I'm definitely not in the "skinny" range for being Asian and for my small frame of 153 cm. I also do not have completely clear skin, and clearly need to drink more water per day. There was a time when I had nicer hair, paler skin, a thinner body, more oval shaped face, and clearer skin, but always at different times in my life instead of all at the same time!



I know it may be silly to follow what men would want, but honestly I am not going to be one of those girls who ignores the beauty standard as an excuse. I can be my own person while still being the healthiest, skinniest, and prettiest that I myself can be. I can still create my own style while following the beauty standard. Just like people who criticize plastic surgery, people might criticize me for this.  But honestly if there is something about yourself that you do not like and you are able to fix, and you know that if you fix it your confidence will increase, why would you not do it?! Just to be "independent" or "your true self," ah?

There are some girls out there who know how men want them to look, act and dress. You might call them bimbos, tools, or fake, but the truth is that if they truly love their style this way, they are far smarter than the girls who are not willing to do it. Why should guys pay attention to something they don't want?

You might say, it depends on the girls personality, right? Of course this is part if it! No point in having a super well kept wife who is bitchy all the time, right? True women know how to get what they want by manipulation. Not bad manipulation, but the true art of how to influence people. You can read up on that in Dale Carnegie's book, How to Win a Friends and Influence People. 

The point of all of this is that I am going to try to achieve all of the above by December of this year. This is the Asian beauty standard I'm using, not the American (but maybe a little bit of the European). I did a pretty bad job this summer, so I need to get on that now! 

Anyone who reads this, please hold me accountable. 


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home